Martha Biggs Killed in a Crash on July 18, 2018 in Marion County, Kansas

Call 877-925-1969

Advertising Material. Offer Ends Soon: Request a free copy of the police report by calling 877-925-1969.

Talk to me, I'm lawyer Burt True. I will answer the phone and your questions. My law firm helps injured people recover money for their injuries. I focus on car and truck wrecks, serious personal-injury and death cases.

Fact Check: See inaccurate information in this story? Tell me in the comments.

Martha Jean Biggs of Moundridge, Kansas was involved in a crash on Wednesday, July 18th 2018 at 5:35 pm in Marion County, Kansas. Biggs is a 73-year-old woman.

In the crash, Biggs was driving a 2008 Chevy HHR. The crash happened here: K15 milepost 120.7 or K15 .1 mile south of 140th Road The police described the crash like this:

Vehicle was northbound on K15 and drifted left of center. Vehicle traveled into the ditch and hit a culvert. Vehicle then went over the entrance and came to rest on all four tires. The exact time the accident occurred is unknown.


The crash killed Biggs. Biggs was taken to Jost Funeral Home.

Vehicle Damage

The police said the damage to the 2008 Chevy HHR with Kansas license plate number 867BJS was not stated. It was insured by State Farm Insurance. It was removed from the crash scene by Auto House.

How To Get the Highway Patrol Report

The Kansas State Highway Patrol Trooper with badge number K286 wrote up the report. The highway patrol assigned case number 2018-009946 to this crash. The KSHP charges $5.00 for each copy of the report plus additional fees of $2.00 for each witness statement. But you can call 877-925-1969 to request a free copy of the report. In order to get the report through the KSHP website, you must create a account and give them your credit card. You must agree to be subject to Kansas Statute 45-230: Unlawful Use of Names Derived from Public Records. This statute imposes on those subject to it "a civil penalty in an action brought by the attorney general or county or district attorney" of up to "$500 for each violation."

Insurance Claim

Biggs's family may have an insurance claim against State Farm Insurance or another insurance company. A lawyer will maximize the amount collected from the insurance companies. In most cases, family members can recover money for the loss of a loved one—even if a family member was driving. In Kansas, Personal Injury Protection (PIP or No-fault) pays medical and funeral expenses for the driver and the passengers killed in a crash. It does not matter who is at fault. Getting a lawyer working on this case early will increase the amount of money Biggs's family recovers for this wrongful death. For more information watch How Insurance Companies Take Advantage of the Little Guy.

Did the crash involve someone with no insurance? Was this a hit and run crash? Call 877-925-1969 to find out if you can still make a claim under the Kansas Automobile Assigned Risk Plan.

Talk to lawyer Burt True. Call 877-925-1969. Lawyer Burt True will answer the phone and your questions. What do you have to lose?

Text Burt

Learn More

Photo credit: Kansas State Highway Patrol

Advertising Material

css.php Call Now Button