Kathy Wiley Injured in a Crash on June 10, 2019 in Harvey County, Kansas

Call 877-925-1969

Advertising Material. Offer Ends Soon: Request a free copy of the police report by calling 877-925-1969 before time is up.

Talk to me, I'm lawyer Burt True. I will answer the phone and your questions. My law firm helps injured people recover money for their injuries. I focus on car and truck wrecks, serious personal-injury and death cases.

Fact Check: See inaccurate information in this story? Tell me in the comments.

Kathy L Wiley of Wichita, Kansas was involved in a crash on Monday, June 10th 2019 at 9:09 pm in Harvey County, Kansas. Wiley is a 60-year-old woman.

In the crash, Wiley was driving a 2015 Ford Focus 4 door. The crash happened here: Interstate 135 and mile marker 22.8 Southbound just North of the Sedgwick-Harvey Co. line. The police described the crash like this:

Vehicle was Southbound on I135 in the right lane when the driver swerved left to avoid a deer in the roadway. Vehicle then entered the median going airborne for approx. 15ft and overturning.


The police said that Wiley had suspected serious injury. Wiley was taken to St Francis.

Vehicle Damage

The police said the damage to the 2015 Ford Focus 4 door with Kansas license plate number 736GNU was not stated. It was insured by Metropolitan Property and Casuality. It was removed from the crash scene by Arrow Wrecker and taken to tow lot.

How To Get the Highway Patrol Report

The Kansas State Highway Patrol Trooper with badge number K440 wrote up the report. The highway patrol assigned case number 2019-008657 to this crash. The KSHP charges $5.00 for each copy of the report plus additional fees of $2.00 for each witness statement. But you can call 877-925-1969 to request a free copy of the report. In order to get the report through the KSHP website, you must create a Kansas.gov account and give them your credit card. You must agree to be subject to Kansas Statute 45-230: Unlawful Use of Names Derived from Public Records. This statute imposes on those subject to it "a civil penalty in an action brought by the attorney general or county or district attorney" of up to "$500 for each violation."

Insurance Claim

Wiley may have an insurance claim against Metropolitan Property and Casuality or another insurance company. A lawyer will maximize the amount collected from the insurance companies. In most cases, injured people can recover money for their medical bills, lost wages, and for their pain and suffering—even if a family member was driving. In Kansas, Personal Injury Protection (PIP or No-fault) pays for medical expenses, rehabilitation, funeral expenses, lost wages, and in-home assistance for the driver and the passengers injured in a crash. It does not matter who is at fault. Getting a lawyer working on this case early will increase the amount of money Wiley recovers for injuries. For more information watch How Insurance Companies Take Advantage of the Little Guy.

Did the crash involve someone with no insurance? Was this a hit and run crash? Call 877-925-1969 to find out if you can still make a claim under the Kansas Automobile Assigned Risk Plan.

Talk to lawyer Burt True. Call 877-925-1969. Lawyer Burt True will answer the phone and your questions. What do you have to lose?

Text Burt

Learn More

Photo credit: Kansas State Highway Patrol

Advertising Material

css.php Call Now Button