Dawn Gilley Injured in a Crash on March 21, 2022 in Sedgwick County, Kansas

Call 877-925-1969

Advertising Material

Offer Ends Soon: Request a free copy of the police report by calling 877-925-1969 before time is up.

Talk to me, I'm lawyer Burt True. I will answer the phone and your questions. My law firm helps injured people recover money for their injuries. I focus on car and truck wrecks, serious personal-injury and death cases.

Fact Check: See inaccurate information in this story? Tell me in the comments.

Dawn Murnda Gilley of Wichita, Kansas was injured on Monday, March 21, 2022 at 06:15 AM in Sedgwick County, Kansas. Gilley is a 36-year-old woman.

The crash happened here: westbound US Highway 54 at mile marker 203.8 or 100 feet east of 183rd Street west on westbound US Highway 54.

In the crash, Gilley was a passenger. The police described the crash like this:

Vehicle 1 [the 2015 Toyota Camry driven by Brenden Cole] was Westbound on Highway US 54 in the number one lane or left lane. Vehicle 2 [the 2016 Kenworth Commercial Vehicle driven by Jerry Milbee] was in the left turn lane on Westbound Highway US 54. Vehicle 2 [the 2016 Kenworth Commercial Vehicle driven by Jerry Milbee] was slowing for the red light for the turn lane, the traffic lights for Westbound highway US 54 were all green. For unknown reason Vehicle 1 [the 2015 Toyota Camry driven by Brenden Cole] swerved to the left and hit axle 5, the tandem axles for the trailer of Vehicle 2 [the 2016 Kenworth Commercial Vehicle driven by Jerry Milbee].


Gilley's injuries were minor. Gilley was taken by ambulance to St. Francis.

Vehicle Damage

The police said the 2015 Toyota Camry with Kansas license plate number 520KAK damage was unknown. This vehicle was removed by Tow All. It was taken to Tow Lot.

How To Get the Highway Patrol Report

The Kansas Highway Patrol trooper with badge number K127 of the Kansas Highway Patrol wrote up the report. The highway patrol assigned report number 2022-003350 to this crash. The KSHP charges $5.00 for each copy of the report plus additional fees of $2.00 for each witness statement. But you can call 877-925-1969 to request a free copy of the report. In order to get the report through the KSHP website, you must create a Kansas.gov account and give them your credit card. You must agree to be subject to Kansas Statute 45-230: Unlawful Use of Names Derived from Public Records. This statute imposes on those subject to it “a civil penalty in an action brought by the attorney general or county or district attorney” of up to “$500 for each violation.” Further, unless you qualify under the Federal Driver's Privacy Protection Act, the report you get will have important and necessary information such as photographs, social security numbers, driver license numbers, names, addresses and telephone numbers redacted (blacked out).

The information in this article came from the Kansas Highway Patrol website.

Insurance Claim

Gilley may have an insurance claim. A lawyer will maximize the amount collected from the insurance company. In most cases, injured people can recover money for their medical bills, lost wages, and for their pain and suffering—even if a family member was driving. Getting a lawyer working on this case early will allow Gilley to receive advice about preserving and gathering evidence and the value of their claim, which will help with the recovery. For more information watch How Insurance Companies Take Advantage of the Little Guy.

Talk to lawyer Burt True. Call 877-925-1969. Lawyer Burt True will answer the phone and your questions. What do you have to lose?

Text Burt

Learn More

Photo credit: Missouri State Highway Patrol

Advertising Material

css.php Call Now Button